| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: donating kidney on Jan 21  (Read 4353 times)

Offline sgrant1158

• Top 200 Poster!
donating kidney on Jan 21
« on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »
Hi all

just an FYI, driving down to Florida tomorrow with wife to donate my kidney to my brother on Jan 21. Its been a long time coming and can't wait, very nervious about it but at the same time excited. Best patrt is i will be down in florida for the recover part and not the could massachusetts, :-)

Wish me luck and if you think of it say a prayer for both of us

thanks everyone

Steven Grant

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: donating kidney on Jan 21
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
Dear Steven,

I'm excited for you too and hope you and your beloved brother do great!

Eating prunes (or plums if you can find them fresh) will make your first week much happier. 

Update us soon as you can.

Lord Have Mercy!

Love, elephant

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:39:54 PM »
Dear Steve,
      God bless you both!
      If you haven't already done so, you might want to read the list of "helpful hints" that the National Kidney Foundation collected from past donors:
www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingdonors/infotips.cfm
     One tip not mentioned there: due to probable post-op bloating, bring larger size clothing, underwear, shoes to wear when leaving the hospital. You regular things may be too tight for a couple of weeks.
     Please let us know how things go.
              best wishes,
                   Fr. Pat

Offline CK

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 12:08:22 PM »
Best wishes for an easy recovery.  You will really enjoy watching your brother return to health.  :)

Offline hopingtodonate

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:27 AM »
I'm sure there must be a mixed bag of emotions!  Best of luck!  Will think of you and say a prayer for sure on Tuesday!  At least the waiting and wondering and testing will be behind you-not to mention that you have had a sick family member to be concerned about.  You and your brother will do great!  Enjoy FL!  I'm in WI-we had the 35 below windchill a couple weeks ago-hate it! :)

Offline phellad

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:11:40 AM »
Prayers and all the best for a speedy recovery for you both.  Enjoy the weather!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved