| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: donor/recipient pins  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
donor/recipient pins
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:30 AM »
     This is "old news" for many here, but since there are a number of new-comers who have recently had the surgery:
The National Kidney Foundation sells a nice set of "split" lapel pins (example of the left of this posting) with the green "donation" ribbon. One half ("I gave the gift of life") is for the donor and the other half ("I received the gift of life") for the recipient. To buy them go to www.kidney.org and touch "Organ donation and transplantation" at the top banner, then click "living donors" in the drop-down menu. Then scroll down (among many interesting offerings) to "Living Donor Pin". They have recently re-done their website, so if you have any problem with ordering/paying, you can also write directly to livingdonors@kidney.org
   Fr. Pat

Offline tantemorte

• Top 50 poster!
Re: donor/recipient pins
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »
What form of payment do they take,do you know?Paypal?

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: donor/recipient pins
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
     That I don't know, but I think it should be explained at the site. Years back when I bought some they required a check or money order for purchases under $25 as they would not take credit cards for small amounts, but I'm not up-to-date on what they do now. If you don't fins the answer on the site, send the question by e-mail to livingdonors@kidney.org
    Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved