| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Good news!  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Meredith

• Top 200 Poster!
Good news!
« on: October 28, 2011, 07:03:55 PM »
I was curious to see if there was any news, so I called Cal Pacific and talked to the nurse I met with last week.  She confirmed that I'm a match for my mom!!!

What she couldn't tell me was the doctor's feedback on my 24 hour blood pressure check, nor the doctor's feedback on my tests, etc.  But the match news is good enough news for me today.  I'm feeling positive! 

Funny story -- she mentioned that there was one high plip in the pressure that she was noting.  I asked if it was around 4pm in the afternoon.  She said yes, and I told her that was the moment my daughter had just accidently broken a nail polish bottle and it splattered all over me, my ipad, the couch and my carpet.  I was racing to clean it and hollering a bit when it decided to take my bp.  She laughed and promised to tell the doctor the reason for the elevation.  :)

Happy Friday!
Meredith
Meredith

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Good news!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
Congratulations!  Best wishes for you both!
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
625 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
Congratulations, Meredith!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:06:03 AM »
Congratulations Meredith, that is great news!

I have to tell you, I read this after I had just finished polishing my nails. Made me pause and go back and double check that I had the cover on tight!   ::)

Best Wishes!

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved