| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Swelling in testicle  (Read 5297 times)

Offline niraj_bhumi

• Conversationalist
Swelling in testicle
« on: May 02, 2012, 05:42:23 AM »
Hey

i donated my right kidney to my wife 15 days back. i am experiencing a slight pain and swelling in my right testicle. Is it normal, or do i need doctor attention. Please guide, am a bit scared.

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Swelling in testicle
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:31:20 AM »
Several other male donors have reported testicular swelling after donor nephrectomy. More often it has been reported when the left kidney is removed but I imagine it could happen on the right as well. If you scroll down on this site to the section called LDO Ombudsman, "Clark" one of the moderators posted a few articles related to this complication.

You should definitely call your transplant coordinator or other contact the hospital gave you to have this checked out. Most donors who have experienced this say that it does go away but takes some time. I hope this is a complication that was discussed with you prior to surgery like all the other complications and risks that are discussed.If not, you should really make sure your center knows this. Donors need to be informed of all possible consequences.

Keep us posted and hope your recuperation goes smoothly.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Swelling in testicle
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
Dear "Niraj",
     After you have read up on the problem, also please get in touch with your transplant coordinator and/or doctor to ask WHY you were not informed of this risk before surgery. It is a frequent enough side effect, and well documented, so all potential donors should be informed about this BEFORE making their final decison to donate or not.
     Please let us know how things go.
   best wishes,
            Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved