| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: swollen tummy  (Read 3620 times)

Offline rachel ratcliff

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
swollen tummy
« on: December 19, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »
Hi, my partner donated a kiney back in May and was then operated on again four weeks later due to an infection.  he has bn back at the gym cycling to and from work but no has tobuy xxl shirts rather than large.  is this normal and will swelling go down?

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: swollen tummy
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:52:18 AM »
     From my own kidney donation experience (14 years ago), and the experiences that I have read of other donors, that seems like a long time for the swelling/bloating to persist. But I don't know what effects that infection and a second surgery would have. You might want to post your question also on the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line, as these days many more donors check in there rather than here. Please let us know how things go.
         Fr. Pat

Offline RKEM

• Top 50 poster!
  • I'm new!
Re: swollen tummy
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:59:21 AM »
That sounds like a lot of swelling, but then again, I don't know what the implications are for the follow-up surgery. I donated in September and I'd say that it took until December for the swelling near the large incision to go away completely. If I exercise too much it does tend to swell up again but only a little bit. I would suggest consulting, even if it is to be told that there is nothing to worry about.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved