| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Average change (decline) in Creatinine and mGFR value for LKDs  (Read 4081 times)

Offline salman004

• Top 100 Poster!
  • I'm new!
I request members to kindly share peer reviewed research articles monitoring the changes in creatinine values pre and post donation for LKDs, and separately papers that report mGFR (preferably using 24hr Creatinine Clerance) values on long term trend for LKDs.

In other words, what are the safe limit of Creatinine measure and mGFR for LKDs?

For me, S.Cr is 1.4 at present (18 months post donation) as against 1.1 pre-donation (I'm active sports-person), i.e. a 27% difference, and mGFR (24hr CrCl) has gone from 99 to 59ml/min (i.e. 40% decline)

Thanks in Advance.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:08:29 AM by salman004 »

Offline salman004

• Top 100 Poster!
  • I'm new!
Re: Average change (decline) in Creatinine and mGFR value for LKDs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 12:29:42 PM »
I found this excellent article on the topic.
http://www.cari.org.au/Transplantation/transplantation%20living%20donors/Donor_renal_function.pdf

Others may add papers in this thread, as and when you come across.

Cheers!

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Average change (decline) in Creatinine and mGFR value for LKDs
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »
Your 2010 citation is excellent. Each of us as individuals will vary from the mean, but the mean is fairly well established. Renal function declines with age, slowly through midlife, then more rapidly as we get older. If you're concerned about your values, track them with your primary care physician and a nephrologist. There is ongoing research on this topic, less well studied in the past than many have been satisfied with. May these recent articles shed needed light in this topic for you and all of us. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_ylo=2016&q=living+kidney+donor+decline+in+gfr+&hl=en&as_sdt=0,22
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
625 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional