| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Donor follow up  (Read 10207 times)

Offline PastorJeff

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Donated non-directed on September 5, 2012 at UCSF
Re: Donor follow up
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 10:59:07 AM »
I contacted UCSF after I had questions about my labs at 6 months.  They did get back to me and said call back any time.  But it doesn't seem they are  very interested in being very proactive in keeping track of me.  Maybe they are ramping up slowly like any other big organization.  I will keep reminding them. 

Offline treehugger

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »
I contacted UCSF after I had questions about my labs at 6 months.  They did get back to me and said call back any time.  But it doesn't seem they are  very interested in being very proactive in keeping track of me.  Maybe they are ramping up slowly like any other big organization.  I will keep reminding them.

UCSF contacted me at 6 months and then each year to get information and my lab stats. I didn't have to remind them. I am 3.5 years post-donation, so the third-year contact letter was probably my last one. 

Kara
Donated left kidney to my husband via paired exchange on 12/17/09.

Offline brenda

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »
Georgetown University Hospital required me to sign a form promising to participate in follow up for two years. The first year they sent me forms for out of town followup (I'm in a different state) about 3 weeks before the anniversary of the surgery. This year I called two weeks before and on the date of my surgery requesting forms for follow up. I have received nothing back. I'll probably call one more time. The requirements are that they gather this data within two months of the surgery date. If I hear nothing by that point, despite my calls, I'll file a complaint with Medicare myself. I really think two years is insufficient, but if they can't even do that, they deserve the complaint.  Those of us who are aware of the issue need to speak up on behalf of those who are not.

Offline Bertina

• Conversationalist
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
It does seem like they court you and are very concerned with your health and your habits but then it's wham, bam thank you ma'am--without even a kiss! 

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional