| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Hi Everybody!!!! :D  (Read 4448 times)

Offline carmelpi

• Top 200 Poster!
Hi Everybody!!!! :D
« on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
So, my dad and I are all geared up to celebrate our three-year kidneyversary in October.  One of the things my dad thought he'd NEVER get to be was a grandpa (my sisters and I are all in our thirties and bad daughters for not popping out kids lol!).  Well, my sister is now nearly 11 weeks along and he's so excited! :D  I'm glad I stepped forward and was a match because the second person in line for donating was my sister and since she's now producing his first grand-baby she needs all the kidneys she can get!  We didn't think he'd ever get to see grandchildren and not only is he kicking ass and taking names, he's going to see at least one.  It makes me want to cry I'm so happy about this.

Honestly, I've never been happier that I donated than I was when Jess told me she was pregnant.  That meant I made a real difference in his life!

<3!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be an AUNT!  YAY!

~carmelpi

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Hi Everybody!!!! :D
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »
Congratulations to you and your Dad on your upcoming three year Kindneyversary and to your Sister (and the rest of you and your family) on the news of your new Niece or Nephew - that is SUCH fantastic news all around! I have not experienced it yet myslef, but I have heard it said that there is just nothing like being a Grandparent. I am so glad to hear that your Dad will be here to experience this for himself. Be sure to let update us and let us know when the big day arrives. (It sounds like is is several months away, but that day will be here before you know it!) :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline stevewin@windstream.net

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »
this makes me smile and my heart warm!great news!

Terryw

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 06:47:59 AM »
Congrats to you all and on your 3rd year Kidneyversary  ;D ;D

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved