| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: intake is today  (Read 4903 times)

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
intake is today
« on: August 14, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
 I just drank a bottle of yummy grape flavoured magnisium citrate. I go to the hopital today sunday at 4pm. surgery at 2pm on monday aug 15. I would like to go now. I am restless. I am a non direct chain starter. Last monday there were 5 pairs, on friday 10 pairs so far in it. This is the easier way to donate. Anonomously. I feel for you guys who have had probems with family or those that have been rejected. The woman who got me into this. Her recepient was having problems with her kidney. Very hard on her.     Well I guess i will twidle my thumbs and poop alot today.

famoran

Re: intake is today
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:55:22 AM »
I didn't have to do a "cleanse" before my surgery.  I feel for you though.  Here's to a successful transplant to all parties.  This is a wonderful thing you are doing.  I donated to my husband less than 2 weeks ago, and would do it again in a second.

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »
Best of luck! Let us know how things go.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »
RDR, you're one of the donors I admire most.  I guess it's all in your perspective; but for me it's easy to donate my kidney to the wonderful woman and friend who's my recipient.  It would be very difficult to donate to someone I don't know!  How awesome that you're starting this chain and making it possible for so many recipients to get help!

I'm right behind you:  my date is Aug. 23.  Can't wait for the yumming tasting poop-inducing stuff!~  Send us bulletins if you can, I'll be watching for news on you.

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 03:27:26 PM »
I remember the magnesium citrate very well as I also had to do a bowel cleanse before my surgery. My best advise it, stay very close to the bathroom and have lots of toilet paper on hand. Once it kicks in and starts working, it REALLY works! :o

I wish you all the best to you and your recipient. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you are able after surgery. We will all be thinking of you and pulling for you!

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
Congratulations!!!! This is such a great thing that will help sooooo many!  But, it has to start with one, and, that would be you!  Best wishes, everything will go smoothly.  Post as soon as you are able, walk, rest, drink and take the pain meds.

Yes, that stuff does work well, but, at least it is one small bottle.  Wait til you have to have a colonoscopy, you have to drink a whole gallon to reaaaallllyyyy clean you out.  Very exciting.
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional