| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: June 14th donation, still recovering  (Read 4358 times)

Offline Turnerjam

• Top 100 Poster!
June 14th donation, still recovering
« on: June 17, 2013, 06:26:05 AM »
Not sure about those of you who donated and then started walking and were fully recovered in no time flat!  Had some minor set backs, so not sure how this in going to pan out for a discharge date.  Shooting for tomorrow!  Fortunately I'm not feeling rushed by the staff!.   Had problems with my bladder "waking up", no have the chills, but no fever and A very sore throat!

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: June 14th donation, still recovering
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:34:47 AM »
Dear Turnerjam ,

Welcome to the other side!  Everyone heals at a different rate.  If I could do it over again I'd stay in the hospital two days longer.  Don't feel like you "have" to leave, you've been through major surgery (voluntarily!).  Walking laps in the hospital is helpful though. 
Hope your recipient is well.

Love, elephant

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:52:09 PM »
Dear Turnerjam,
     Sometimes a sore throat after the surgery can be irritation  from the breathing tube that is inserted for the surgery. But keep an eye on it and speak up if it dies not improve, as there are a lot of germs floating around a hospital full of sick people.
   best wishes,
       Fr. Pat

Offline Turnerjam

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 03:08:57 PM »
Well the source of my sore throat was thrush.  I've have 4 trips to the emergency room with 2 admittance for C-Diff.  Both times I was in for 7 days.  So, needless to say my donation wasn't "trouble free".  However, isn't there a saying that "no good deed goes unpunished"???  regardless, I am on the other side and dealing with the day to day obsticles that come my way.  All I can say is C-Diff is NO JOKE!! 

I also heard from my recipient.  It was nice to hear how he was doing and a little more about his background.  I am in the process of writing back...so on that front all is well!

Blessings to all!
Jamie

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »
Dear Jamie,

I'm so sorry you've been suffering with CDiff.  I know how hard it can be to cure.  If you wind up with digestive problems as well as your throat, look into fecal transplants.  They've been credited with some recoveries from CDiff.  For sure you want to think about probiotics as well.

Love, elephant

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional