| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Tingling toes?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Oldnslow

• Top 25 Poster!
Tingling toes?
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
Anyone experience tingling in a toe or toes years after donation?   The medical sites all point to diabetes or blood sugar but my blood sugar is normal, usually around 100 so I don't think that is it.
Oldnslow

"Donated kidney to my brother on Dec 8, 2008"

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Tingling toes?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:17:45 AM »
Call your PCP! Tingling in extremities is among the warning signs for both cardiac arrest and stroke. Rule those out with good medical care before exploring other explanations. Have you had any quinilone family antibiotics? Peripheral neuropathy is among their side effects, with onset sometimes occurring long after the end of the meds. Best wishes.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline tantemorte

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »
My big toes can go from tingling to hurting,in my case it's from a high level of uric acid/urea? not sure which,but it's the one that causes gout.

Offline Oldnslow

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 11:36:06 PM »
I haven't had any meds at all and my BP And pulse are good.   It is the top of the little toe on my right foot.  Been going on and off for over a year.   Thought about going to my doctor but have not yet.   
Oldnslow

"Donated kidney to my brother on Dec 8, 2008"

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved