| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: New  (Read 4986 times)

Offline Vickie

• Top 200 Poster!
New
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »
Hi! I have been reading posts for about 2 months now. I am hoping to donate to my best friend...we have known each other since high school! Which was a "few" years ago! ;)  The first blood work matched us fairly close, and a second was perfect, no antibodies! We both live in Oklahoma City and will be donating at Baptist.

I have almost completed my testing..all I lack is a cardiac stress test and visit with a cardiologist. I do those on April 12th and then I assume we will get a date for surgery!?!

I am excited, nervous and a little anxious! I have gained a lot of insight and knowledge from reading the posts on this board and I am thankful to all of you, and so glad I found this place!

Has anyone else donated in Oklahoma City? I haven't noticed anyone saying they were from here.

Vickie

Offline CK

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:28:58 PM »
I didn't donate in Oklahoma City, just thought I'd say hello and good luck.

Your friend is lucky to have a friend like you.  :)

Offline mintx

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »
Good Luck!

Congratulations on matching with your friend, what a wonderful bond you will have.  You are much further along in the process than I am,  it will be such a relief  for you to finish testing in a few weeks.  I will be donating in the Detroit area, so no where near OK.  Let us know how it goes, we will be cheering for you. 

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:49:02 AM »
Good luck Vickie, you have come to right place for information and questions!

Mintx - I donated last July at Henry Ford in Detroit, is that where you are donating?  Message me if you have any specific questions!  I had a very good experience.

Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline jennybebopper

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
Good luck!  Let us know how everything progresses; waiting for all the testing, surgery dates, etc. is tough!

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
Hi Vickie!

I also did not donate in Oklahoma City, but I just wanted to tell you "welcome" and wish you the best of luck. Please do let us know how your testing and visit with the cardiologist go on April 12.

Sending best wishes to you and your friend! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved