| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 12th Kidneyversary!  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Barbara S

• Top 50 poster!
12th Kidneyversary!
« on: December 09, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »
Today is the 12th anniversary of my kidney donation to my brother.  I have not been on this board for a long time, been spending too much time on Facebook  :-[
I wanted to say how much support I received from this group, and how grateful I am to everyone here.
Thrilled to say my brother is well, my creatinine  is 1.04 so things are good for us.
Hope you all are well - and would love to hear how some of the "old timers" are doing!
Proud Kidney Donor to Brother
December 9, 2003
at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 12th Kidneyversary!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:39:50 PM »
Hi Barbara,

I consider myself an "old timer". Just celebrated our 8th kidneyversary last month. My brother and I are also both doing well. It is so nice to hear from posters who were active when I started. Wishing you a happy holiday and healthy 2016.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 02:33:43 AM »
"Living Donors on Line" is on FaceBook as well, and gets a lot of traffic.
 I'll be 70 this month. almost 14 years after donation, and am doing well, thanks be to God. Still run the occasional half-marathon.
You both might like to consider attending the "Transplant Games" in Cleveland in June 2016. Great place to share with thousanda of other donors and recipients and "celebrate life'. Info at www.transplantgamesofamerica.org

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 06:33:31 AM »
Happy anniversary, Barbara! Someone asked about my lapel pin the other day, and when we talked about what we we both doing 12 years ago, her memory was about high school. When she found out I was 44 when I donated, she declared, "There's hope for me yet!" Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season, with the extra joy you added 12 years ago.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »
Congratulations on the anniversary. I had my 24th in November. All is well here with me.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 12:14:27 PM »
A belated congratulations to you Barb! Glad to hear all is well!
I know you were a great help to me on this board when I was going through the process.
Husband and I are both doing well at 8 years.
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved