| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Digestive Problem  (Read 3760 times)

donor91

Digestive Problem
« on: December 07, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »
Did anyone experience an increase in their bowel sounds after donating. This has never been a problem for me until a few months after surgery. It happens mainly at night and in the morning. My bowels make super loud noises, hyperactive, and I have excessive gas. It's not painful just uncomfortable. It could be a normal thing for me now, just checking with others first.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:14:09 PM by donor91 »

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Digestive Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:55:19 PM »
     I only had rumblings for the first weeks after donation. You might perhaps want to try adding some yogurt to your diet. The antibiotics they may give you after surgery can have the side-effect of killing off the helpful digestive bacteria that normal live in the digestive tract, and natural yogurt can help replace these. They also sell that bacteria in capsule form over-the-counter but I can't think of the name now. Anyway, some yogurt wouldn't do any harm so it might be worth a try.
   best wishes,
      Fr. Pat
P.S. you might want to also post your question at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line as more donors check in there than here these days.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional