| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Post kidney donation creatine levels - Should this be changing?  (Read 4365 times)

Offline IntlTravelJunkie

• My first post!
  • Non-directed kidney donor
I donated my right kidney on 12/8/15 to a stranger. My pre-surgery creatine clearance levels on 12/7/15 was .73, 12/9/15 was 1.23 and 12/11/15 was .93. I was excited that my levels were going down. Then on 1/27/16 my creatine clearance rose to 1.04. All of these tests were done by the same lab at my donation center.

Yesterday I received the results of my local lab's (not donor center lab) creatine clearance values. My PCP wanted a renal panel in preparation for my first post surgical visit with him. My creatine clearance was 1.3.

I feel amazing and try to make an effort to stay hydrated. I have started working out again and tried not to workout a few days before my test to avoid a higher creatine clearance level.

I have a few questions, should my creatine clearance be changing? Will they go up or down? I understand that different labs can produce different results, but should I be worried about my recent high test of 1.3.
Non-directed kidney donor 12/8/15 through National Kidney Registry program

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Post kidney donation creatine levels - Should this be changing?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 03:50:56 AM »
     I took me a couple of years after kidney donation for my creatinine level to go down to about 1.2 again, where it has generally stayed for the past 10 years. My different doctors have judged this to be "normal" for me with one kidney (age 70) and not to be too worried about.
     Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional