| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: One week later  (Read 10029 times)

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: One week later
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 08:40:18 AM »
Congratulations to you and continued good healing to you and your sister. 

Probiotic pills helped me more than anything to be regular and not be uncomfortable.  I still take them every other day now and it will soon be my fifth month, 8/10 since donation to my niece and, my B-day!  How cool is that. 

If you are retaining fluid yet, belly and legs, try squeezing a whole lemon and make a cup of tea with it, sweeten with honey or stevia to taste.  Lemons are a great diuretic and very healthy for you.  Or make a pitcher of sliced lemons, celery and cucumber, chill,  drink throughout the day besides your other fluid intake.  Don't drink either of these before bedtime or you will be up during the night several times!

I too had terrible nausea, lost 10lbs in one week.  Hard to take any meds on an empty stomach.  Lasted about 4 weeks for me so hopefully you are over the hill on that part.

Take your time getting back to your normal routine.  You have lots of internal healing to do.  It took me until 4 months to all of a sudden realize that, hey! I feel like me old self!  My hubby and I are entered in our first 5K run/walk this Sat, we will be walking.  It is for Organ, Tissue and Eye donation here in Madison, Wi. 

Best wishes and again, congratulations......Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline stevewin@windstream.net

• Top 50 poster!
Re: One week later
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
sounds like you are the road to recovery. i hope it is at your speed and enjoy when you can.get the email addresses of some of your transplant team. at times i have emailed them with questions and received helpful replies.i have never drank so much water in my life and i enjoy it. before the transplant i tried never to drink water and now i love it.this is a great site for questions,comments,observations.get back to your family soon and safely.  steve donated 3/15/11

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional