| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Need help from anyone who's donated a kidney and a lobe of their liver!  (Read 3753 times)

jchishko

I donated my left liver several months ago. Now there is someone to whom I am trying to donate a section of my liver to. I know there are several hospitals that would still allow me to be a donor, however I have been turned down by several. Does anyone know of a hospital that will still take me? preferably in the Chicago area, as the recipient is not readily able to travel far. Thanks!

Offline Mizchelle

• Top 50 poster!
Okay, I'll ask.

Have you taken in consideration the reason why you have been turned down by "several".  Perhaps its due to cautionary reasons for your own personal health.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Dear "Jchishko",
     Hi. Just a typo in your first line: I presume you meant to say that you donated your left KIDNEY pather than "liver".
     I don't recall the details, but it seems to me that a hospital in St. Louis has done transplants from a couple of multiple-organ donors. And a few years back the Werstchester Medical Center in Westchester, NY (just north of NY City) said they were willing to CONSIDER the possibility of accepting a liver donation from a past kidney donor.
     But, as mentioned by Mizchelle above, Do listen carefully to the refusal reasons offered by the other hospitals.
                    best wishes,
                        Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional