| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: possible hernia question  (Read 3745 times)

Offline bunbun

• My first post!
possible hernia question
« on: October 27, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »
Hi I just donated about 10 days ago and I am noticing a slight bulge near my incision that looks like it could be a hernia.  I am going in this week to have it looked at by the transplant team.  My question is if it is a hernia can i have it opperated on at home and still have it covered under the recipients insurance or do I have to have it done at the hospital where I had the initial surgery?  I only ask because I really want to get home to my family and dont want to be stuck out of town for a few more weeks.

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: possible hernia question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:20:13 PM »
Oh bummer, sorry you are having this problem.  Yes definetly get it checked out by the transplant team.  Don't have a clue as far as getting it repaired.  I'm sure you do want to get home, nothing like your own bed that is for sure.  But if it is a hernia you certainly need to fixed soon.  Best wishes to you and getting this all sorted out..  Please stay in touch and let us know.
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional