| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Second guessing my recepiant's behavior........has this happened to anyone else?  (Read 10644 times)

Offline MissFrizz

• Top 25 Poster!
This made my day.  So glad for the change of heart.  People on here were so right, people react differently when they are ill.  Perhaps she was just so beaten up, it was impossible for her to be optimistic.  And now you have a DATE!!!  Oh so thrilled!!

Best of luck!  Sending prayers your way.
Stephanie

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
Yay!  May you continue to have only good news.
    Be well, Snoopy

BranBas

Thinking about you and your sister in law! I am crossing my fingers the good news continues!

Brandi
http://fromnonetoone.wordpress.com/

Offline Lansdowne11

• Top 100 Poster!
I'm glad to hear the recipient has changed her attitude. That will make life easier for you. I never had that situation. In fact, my friend who received my kidney was gracious beyond words, to the point it was almost embarrassing to me. I didn't know if saying, "You're welcome" was sufficient. I know how grateful he is for what I did, and deep down, no matter what, that's probably how your sister-in-law is thinking. She probably didn't have the right words to express her gratitude. Never having been a recipient, I don't know exactly how I would react. When I look at it from the recipient's point of view, it does seem like thanking someone for donating is beyond words.

Best wishes.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional