| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Update for jstx (Jocelyn)  (Read 11529 times)

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Update for jstx (Jocelyn)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »
Jocelyn,

That is so encouraging to me, I can't tell you.  I can relate to so much of what you just said.  I worry sometimes that I'm going to freak out when I wake up and it's REALLY HURTING or when I'm nauseous, which is another fear, I HATE throwing up.  And I'll forget the whole reason I went into it in the first place.

You are calming me down about that....I don't need to get my shorts in a knot about the pain when I haven't even experienced it yet, ha ha and duh!

August 22, that's my date, and I'm grateful for the "you can do this" from you.

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »
Got my follow up blood work results today---two weeks post donation.  My creatinine is 1.14.  My doctor said we'll check it again in 3-4 weeks when I go in for my annual appt.  She said that is pretty normal post-nephrectomy.  Is that what all of you also experienced?  This may be a silly question but is there anything I can do to help bring it down?  Or is it just something that takes time for my loner kidney to pick up the slack?

Thanks, as always, for your input!
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
Hi Jocelyn!

It is so good to hear from you and how your surgery went. It sounds like you are well on the road to recovery and that is great. I think your creatinine of 1.14 is very normal for a kidney donor. Mine has been as high as 1.2 post donation and my new normal seems to be 1.1. As far as things to help that, I was told that drinking a decent amount of water can help to bring creatinine levels down somewhat. (Plus, we should all be drinking lots of water anyway because it is so good for out remaining kidney.)

Congratulations to you! Please continue to keep us posted on your progress.

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 11:56:03 PM »
I can drink water!  Used to not care for it much but when I decided to go through the testing process I started drinking water so am used to it now.  I try to drink quite a bit each day so we'll see how my levels look in about a month I guess.  I figured this was pretty normal for the time frame I'm at.  Thanks Linda!
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional