| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 24 hour urine test....  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Leah

• Top 200 Poster!
24 hour urine test....
« on: October 17, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
I just got the word back that I'm the picture of health and I'm good to donate :). Now that I'm not holding my breath anymore, I wanted to share this story.

I'm currently living with my OCD sister at her new house for the time being. Even thought she's very neat and clean and bodily functions kind of freak her out she was very supportive and nice about the fact that I had to keep a big bottle of my pee in her fridge for 24 hours.  Just so she didn't have to look at it, I put the bottle in a brown paper bag and kept in in a drawer. Out of site, out of mind.
The morning I was supposed to be done with the pee test, I was taking the bottle out of the fridge for the last collection and the bag ripped, the bottle hit the floor and the, um, ahem, "contents" of the bottle spilled all over the kitchen floor. It was like a nightmare. I cleaned it up and disinfected the floor and threw out everything I used for the clean up but my sister can never know. She'll burn her house down, she'll never come home... she might even kill me.
So, it's just pee, though and there's really nothing in pee that will hurt anyone I know. But two days ago my sister was cutting up a banana and a piece hit the floor. We have a 0 second rule in the house because we have cats but for some reason she felt like the banana was immune to that rule so she picked the piece up off the floor and put it in her mouth. I screamed. Like, blood curdling scream. I think she thought I was overreacting to get a laugh, and ended up spitting the banana out. Thankfully, too because if she had kept chewing it I would of had to of told her what happened. It's just to gross.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:03:36 AM by Leah »

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
Re: 24 hour urine test....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
Wow!  What a story. Congratulations on the approval to donate.  About the banana...what she doesn't know, can't hurt either of you.
  Be well, Snoopy

Offline treehugger

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »
Thank you for sharing this story; I needed a good chuckle this morning.

And wow, I can only imagine how stressful that would have been to have to clean all that up, even if you didn't live with your OCD sister!

So, I guess you had to do your 24-hour collection all over again. By now, you're a pro!

Congrats on the clean bill of health.

Kara
Donated left kidney to my husband via paired exchange on 12/17/09.

Offline Meredith

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 06:49:04 PM »
Oh the things we go through for the people we love!  I definitely say never tell her.  :)

I just completed my 24 test this afternoon.  My amusing story is that the directions said one thing but the lab tech told me another, and I had to go back to the lab at lunch time for one last "deposit."  That meant holding my water for about 6 hours, which I did not particularly enjoy.  lol  Thankfully it's done now and I should hear in the next day or two if I'm in the clear to move forward.
Meredith

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
LOL Leah - That story is just hilarious! You told it very well too.

That was a well needed laugh - thank you so much!

Best Wishes!
Linda

P.S. I don't think I would tell your Sister if I were you either, though I think I would have a hard time not laughing about this for quite a while every time I was around her. THAT might make her wonder.....;)
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 06:13:22 AM »
Leah,
  The more I think of it, your post in this thread ranks as one of LDO's Greatest Hits!
    Be well, Snoopy

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional