| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: New Here! Donating To My Cousin... (non-blood relation)  (Read 5881 times)

houser31

New Here! Donating To My Cousin... (non-blood relation)
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »
Hello All,

Im new here and just wanted to say HELLO!! Donating to my cousin on July 15... its been a pretty cool experience so far for me... i like reading the stories and different experiences from everybody so far

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: New Here! Donating To My Cousin... (non-blood relation)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
Hi - we have the same surgery date...July 15!  Can't wait to compare stories.  Where are you donating?  I will be traveling from Seattle to Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.  This forum has been invaluable...for information and support!  I am looking forward to being on the "other side" sharing my experience and giving advice instead of asking all the questions.

Best wishes!
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
I'm so excited for the both of you!!!!  I can't wait to hear the "after" stories!
Congratulations, and thank you both for your generous, loving, giving hearts!

Nicki
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:00:24 PM »
Jewels,

You're the one donating at Henry Ford hospital! I knew I read someone who was donating there. I have an acquaintance who is a nurse in the medical intensive care unit at Henry Ford. If you want to connect let me know and I can give her your information.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »
just about a month away...hope you are excited....
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »
It's amazing how you start getting excited for others to reach their donation date...WOW  - Jewels and Houser - you guys ROCK!  Enjoy the feeling and the other side is even greater.  Thanks for being heros!

Scott   8)
Scott

Offline twinkie

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
I am so happy for you and your cousin.  You are truly an Angel for doing such a selfless act.  I just donated my kidney last Thursday, June 9th, to my best friends father.  It has been an amazing journey and with it being only 6 days out, if I could do this all over again, I would.  So that should give you some inspiration.  It has far exceeded anything that I have ever been through and I have to give God the Glory for giving me peace from the moment that I knew I wanted to donate.  I have never had one ounce of regret or should I or could I, it has been YES all the way.  As of today, my recipient, Chuck is doing great.  His Creatine levels are 1.2 and he feels like a new man already.  There is no greater love!
Just know that everyone on this website will be here for you and encourage you along the way.  I too, loved reading the posts and stories of other donors.  We all need each other..

Can't wait to hear your after donation stories from you and Jewels... God bless and know you are in my prayers.... Twinkie/Lisa ;-)

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 08:43:50 AM »
Hello and Welcome!

That is fantastic that you are donating to your Cousin. I am glad you found this board. It is filled with so many wonderful people who are all so willing to share their experiences and advice. Please feel free to post as often as you need/want. Best of luck to you - July 15 will be here before you know it!

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional