| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: UAB facility donors  (Read 3843 times)

Offline willis_chavonn

• Top 100 Poster!
UAB facility donors
« on: March 15, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
Hello, my  name is Mia Willis. I will be donating a kidney to my father on next Friday at UAB(The University of Alabama at Birmingham). I was wondering has anyone or family has done their surgery at this facility? I am a little nervous and anxious and excited. I wouldn't mind chatting with someone who has actually been acquainted with this hospital.Thus far they have been great.

Offline SWB

• Top 50 poster!
Re: UAB facility donors
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:35:04 AM »
Mia, replied to your earlier thread.  I know that one other contribuitor here has used UAB as well besides myself.

In a second I will see if I can private message you my email and phone number.  It should show up in your messages.  If you can't locate it then just post back and I will just reply directly with an email address, etc.

-Scott
Scott
Donated right kidney to uncle
October 18, 2012 at University of Alabama (UAB)

Offline willis_chavonn

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:20 AM »
Thanks so much Scott for contacting me. This has helped me make my journey less stressful and with less anxiety as possible..

--Mia Willis

Offline CoralS

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 05:28:17 PM »
I'm also donating at UAB and would love any specific information that anyone can give me about their program! I live across the country so I'm completely unfamiliar with how they do things there...
Thanks!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved