| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Time to Return to Work?  (Read 11047 times)

john78259

Re: Time to Return to Work?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
First of all, congratulations on your donation! Now is the time to rest up and take it easy. Hopefully your recovery goes as well as mine. My doctor released me to drive and work after 2 weeks as long as I don't lift more than 10 pounds. (I have a desk job.) I decided it best to take three weeks and not push it. Listen to your body. If you don't feel up to it, better to stay home and heal. If you push it too fast, you risk a longer recovery period. Take care!

Offline Linda

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 05:09:28 PM »
Lots of good info already!  I will be 4 weeks out tomorrow.  Went in Tues. for 2 hours to schedule some clients, and will return Monday 3 hrs per day/2 days a week.  I was VERY tired after Tues - shower, dressed, walk from the parking lot, work, walk back, home, made lunch).  I dealt with about 3 weeks of nausea that increased my fatigue as I was not eating well and lost 10 lbs, otherwise I think I would have better endurance.
donated kidney to dear friend Oct. 2011

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »
I went back after ten days and responded to emails from the hospital room.  I left early for about a week and would take strolls.  So much depends on your job.

Sadly, I couldn't nap after the first week without the use of pharmaceuticals :(
Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved