| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: needing some major jingles, good vibes and prayers  (Read 6094 times)

from.my.abdomen.to.yours

needing some major jingles, good vibes and prayers
« on: January 02, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
Horrible news today. My beautiful best friend, and the recipient to be of my kidney, is not doing well at all. They had to stop dialysis early again today because her heart just can't take it. She almost died today, her BP plummeted to 63/55. I haven't seen her look this bad since the day her mom called me almost 5 years ago telling me to come say goodbye because she was dying, she got her kidney the next day. She was very weak and she was unable to sit up let alone get out of bed. Time is running out for her and with the surgery scheduled for March things are not looking good.

Today was the first time that she said "if I don't see you again, always remember that I love you". As sick as she's been all these years (she has been fighting since she was 11 years old), she has never said goodbye before. She is giving up, her body just won't fight anymore, her body is failing her again and its just not fair. She is so close, the surgery is not even 3 months away, she is so close...I am watching her die and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I'm mad as hell at everything right now, its just not fair. This just f***ing sucks. She needs some prayers so if you guys could send some her way I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry for the negative post, but this week just sucks.

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: needing some major jingles, good vibes and prayers
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »
Yes, this does suck.  You certainly are trying to do all you humanly can.  For now, just be her friend and offer support, be there for her.  Miracles do happen.  But some things are just out of mans hands.  Best wishes to all,   Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »
Sending strong prayers to you both.  God is sooo wonderful and miracles happen around us every day.  Don't lose hope friend, HIS love is strong and unwavering.  Be with your friend, encourage her and know her life's journey already includes you.  GOD BLESS!  Please keep us updated.

Scott      8)
Scott

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:18:17 AM »
Please know I am keeping your friend and you in my prayers. My heart goes out to you as watching someone you care about be ill is never easy. Please do keep us updated as to how she (and you) are doing.

God Bless You Both,

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:08:25 AM »
Prayers and best wishes for you both.
   Fr. Pat

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »
Sadly, it sounds like you are describing a typical bad day at dialysis. Can she look into home hemodialysis pending the surgery?
Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »
I hope she can become stable and hang in there until March. Why is the surgery so far off? Can they consider an earlier date?
The blood pressure is a fluid problem and they may be taking too much off. It's vital that her dry weight be very carefully watched and having an advocate with her may be necessary.
If she can switch to nocturnal hemo or daily peritoneal dialysis she may do better than the extreme of 3 times a week, 4 hours a day in-center hemo (if that's what she's getting, i am guessing.)
Poor girl, it is a lot to deal with from such a young age. Our daughter started hemo at 18 years old and it was very difficult for her.
Sending warm hugs and all the best wishes.
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline MissFrizz

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:25:34 AM »
Saying prayers for you and your friend. 
Stephanie

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved