| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Tomorrow is the Day  (Read 9834 times)

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Tomorrow is the Day
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
The two drains were removed today and I was shocked about how big they were.  They we twice as wide as the external part of the tubes and probably eight inches inside my abdomen.  Also, the surgeon said that it would just pinch a little when she removed them.  I get why she did this (so I wouldn't freak).  But holy cow, they hurt coming out.  The belly button took and it looks good.
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
Thanks for posting, glad the TT is coming along.  Are you fairly comfortable?  My understanding is the recovery time is about the same for both you are going through.  Did you have muscle repair along with it?  I recently had drains removed from a surgery just recently.  One I didn't feel, the other really stung.  The drain sites are a bit ouchy even after a week later.  Glad the BB is a keeper, haha.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.   Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 06:39:23 PM »
Yes, I had some muscles repair.  I am feeling pretty good.  I find now that every once and awhile my stomach muscles spasm.  The doctor said that is pretty common.
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »
So glad to hear you are doing fairly well.  Please take it easy, you have only one chance to heal properly.  You have had two major surgeries at one time.  I hope you have a great support group to help you during this time.  Eat well, sleep often, and heal well, Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »
Tori,

I'm nearly a year post-op and I still experience the spasms on my left side (by the port incisions) and every so often, around my main incision.  It only hurts for a few seconds and is tolerable when I think about how it reminds me of the experience of donation once again (positive memories). 

Glad you're recovering and things went well my friend.  Best wishes and prayers for continued recovery for both you and your recipient.

Scott    8) 8)
Scott

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional