| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: One week out  (Read 9231 times)

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
Re: One week out
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »
The lack of bowl movement can have as much to do with making you nauseous as most anything else.  I agree about the prunes - they are a superfood for many reasons.  I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.  How is Heather?  Thinking good wishes for you both.

Scott    8)
Scott

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: One week out
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 11:38:05 PM »
Shelley, so good to hear from you.  I was worried until Bill posted that he'd spoken to you.  Am glad to hear it is nothing major...though I'm sure the stomach stuff feels quite major at this point.  Am praying things begin to get back to normal soon and the pain continues to subside!  Bet you'll feel much more normal once your digestive system settles down!

I still have a hard time wearing pants that are fitted around my abdomen (3 months out this week)....not sure if anyone else has had problems with that (I'll mention it at my 6 month appt if it still hurts).  Am thinking it is just my body still healing.  A heating pad works wonders when the pain gets out of hand from the pants.  Not familiar with what phantom pain means...perhaps that is what I'm getting from my pants.....

Anyhow, so glad to hear that you aren't having any major complications.  Take care, get rest, and eat those prunes!  :D
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional