| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Question for moms of young children  (Read 13312 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
Re: Question for moms of young children
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »

I hadn't thought about the impact of my 4yo seeing me in the hospital.  She saw me after the C-section, but I looked fine and the baby was a great distraction. 

But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  We don't even know if I'm a match or if he will accept.  Still checking the mail for my "packet"   

Dear Miss Frizz,
  When my kids first came to visit me during an earlier hospitalization, I asked my wife to show them pictures of the machines, etc., they could expect to see around my bed, so they'd be ready.  Also, I requested that when my most active little son walked in, somebody held onto his shoulders tightly, to prevent him from doing a running dive onto my chest.
  One last thought: given how early you are in this process, it's a good idea to brace for a fairly long, drawn-out process.  I mean, I hope your process zips right along, but you'll probably need a fair amount of patience during the various phases of the screening process.  Use the time to learn as much as you can, and plan as best you can.
   Hang in there! Snoopy

Offline MissFrizz

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Question for moms of young children
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »
Just want to say thank you for all the wonderful replies. 
Stephanie

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional