| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 2 weeks!  (Read 4540 times)

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
2 weeks!
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:18:16 PM »
I can't believe it has been 2 weeks. It is amazing what the human body is capable of...unfortunately my body is not very good at absorbing the left-over air from the laproscopic surgery. I went back to see the surgeon today and had another abdominal x-ray and there is still a fair amount of what they call "free air."  Most people apparently absorb it a little quicker than this, and it is what is causing my constant queasiness (I have down-graded it from nausea to queasy, so at least there is a slight improvement!)

Everything else looks great, and my incision site is healing so well. Physically I feel really good. Creatinine has been steady at 1.1 for the last week. I went from low end of "normal" to high end...hopefully it goes down even more in the months to come.

Can't wait to fly home on Monday and be in my own home, bed and back with the family!

Cheers-
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
Re: 2 weeks!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 05:01:10 AM »
Julie,
    Congratulations on the donation, and on the continued recovery.  About the free air, do you notice any difference if you walk around a lot?  Has that helped to re-absorb it at all? 
            Feel good, Snoopy

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
Congratulations.  Glad to hear you are recovering so well.  I'm coming up on my 5th month and it now seems so long ago already, yet it seems like yesterday.  My niece/recipient and I participated in the 5K run walk last Sat here.  It is the first for here but plans are to make it an annual event.  It ended at a swimming pool and we cooled down in there afterwards.  Was very nicely organized and good event.  Yeah us. 

So, even though the time seems to drag now, it will fly by soon.  Happy healing, Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »
Hi Snoopy - I did do a lot of walking, which generated quite a bit of shoulder discomfort from the air, but maybe that did help it release. Now when I walk I do not feel the pain any longer.  I think it is finally almost gone - feeling so much better and beginning to eat normal foods...yea!

Janice - So awesome to hear you did a 5K after only 5 months!  I am a runner and am really looking forward to working up to my first post donation 5K...whether it is a run or walk.

It was great to sleep in my own bed last night after being away for 3 weeks!

Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional