| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: getting work up and have "slightly" high volume on 24 hr. urine  (Read 4381 times)

Offline pattydotty

• Top 200 Poster!
getting work up and have "slightly" high volume on 24 hr. urine
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »
Anyone else have this? I don't have a lot of info as have not spoken with my doctor and coordinating blood work not back yet. All other tests are excellent. I am very healthy, good shape, weight, diet, etc. Worried this could interfere with donating also worried (very mildly) about my health.
Any and all feedback appreciated.

Offline PastorJeff

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Donated non-directed on September 5, 2012 at UCSF
Re: getting work up and have "slightly" high volume on 24 hr. urine
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:07:06 AM »
I drank a lot of water that day and ended up on the high side too.  When the results came, nothing was ever mentioned.  I did have to repeat one urine test because I had just worked out and it must have elevated my creatinin a bit.  Without the work out it was great.  Anyway, I found myself stressing over it all at first.  It's just another sign that you care and of course we wonder a bit what the tests might show about us.  You'll probably come through with flying colors.  I wish you well.

Offline CK

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
What does "slightly high" mean? I peed so much I filled that big jug after about 18 hours and had to estimate the rest-no one seemed concerned. I also drank tons and tons of water.

Doesn't sound worrisome to me, but obviously, at my center they weren't all that exact about that test. Seems like the glofil test was more important.

Offline mintx

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:24:42 AM »
I don't know what is considered  "high volume" but I have learned that if they expect me to do a 24 hour collection I NEED two jugs.  Due to billing, lab errors and extra caution I did four 24 hour collections during testing.  After the first, I learned that my normal volume, especially on days when I am home all day, is more that one jug.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional