| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Visit with Father Pat  (Read 3774 times)

Offline PastorJeff

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Donated non-directed on September 5, 2012 at UCSF
Visit with Father Pat
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:34:04 AM »
My wife and I were blessed to enjoy a visit with Father Pat while here in Okinawa visiting our son.  Pat went out of his way to take us on two wonderful sightseeing trips.  He really loves this place and it is easy to understand why.  I did give him a hug for Carol and you others wishing him well.  On to Japan tomorrow.

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
Re: Visit with Father Pat
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
 :) That's great!
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline treehugger

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Kara
Donated left kidney to my husband via paired exchange on 12/17/09.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:54:26 AM »
     It was a great visit from Pastor Jeff (who cares for two Lutheran churches in California) and his wife Karen. They were here on Okinawa to visit their son who serves in the Air Force base here, and while the son was on duty we had two nice days to get around, seeing Churches, the ancient Shinto prayer cave, the restored Shuri Castle of the Okinawan kings, etc. plus share a lot about organ donation. (Jeff used to sign in as "Giants" here, and donated non-directed to start a donor chain.) The lovely beaches here being still a bit chilly to use, we did not get to compare surgery scars (Japanese etiquette frowns on sharing surgery scars while in restaurants.) When I donated more than 11 years ago non-directed donors were not that common. Now thanks to computer matchiong and donor chains it's becoming more common, even to the point of allowing non-directed donors to bump into each other on Okinawa! Nice.
     Anybody ense in the Okinawa neighborhood, just let me know!
          Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional