| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Book on Amazon.com - Donor Girl  (Read 6183 times)

donorgirl

Book on Amazon.com - Donor Girl
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »
After my surgery 4 years ago, I wrote a book about my experience.  It's available on Amazon.com and is titled Donor Girl.  If anyone feels they need to read a story from start to finish...from a type A/hypochondriac...lol...have at it.  If you feel you need it and can't afford it, hit me up on email and I'll help you out.

Thanks.

Lee (donated to brother-in-law July 2007)

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
Re: Book on Amazon.com - Donor Girl
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »
Yes, it really is a great book.  And funny, too.
  Snoopy

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »
Hi Lee - I read your book early in my testing phase and it was so helpful.  It made me realize I was not alone with all the fears and doubts I was having!  I was also a BIG question-asker and I can't tell you how glad I was to be prepared. I am now 6 weeks post-surgery...feels SO good to be on the other side and feeling great.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

donorgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
Thank you both for reading it!!  I'm glad it helped you Julie.  6 weeks?  I remember the 6 week mark.  I was starting to feel like my old self again.  How are you feeling?  Kudos to you for making this life saving decision.

Snoopy - glad it made you laugh!  :-)

Best,   Lee

Offline Rob_h

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »
Hi Lee,

Maybe I will get a chance to read your book.  I also saw somewhere about a book to be out this fall about non directed donors.  I hope to get a chance to read it as well.  I have been wondering if there are any trends or patterns or if its "all over the map".  Rob Halverson

mxprincess

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 09:39:03 AM »
Is this book available anywhere else besides Amazon.com? I would love to have a copy to read but would prefer not to purchase from amazon (long story)

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »
Hi Lee - It is amazing that at 6 weeks I feel almost back to normal.  The only thing that stands out is I do get tired more easily throughout the day...and when I get tired it is pretty intense.  My biggest issue for 2 weeks post-ops was nausea and I was not re-absorbing the leftover free air from the CO2 so besides the nausea I continued to have the shoulder and chest discomfort.  Seems like a long time ago now!

Thanks!
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »
Barnes and Noble www.barnesandnoble.com sells "Donor Girl"
      Fr. Pat

mxprincess

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »
Thanks Fr. Pat  ;D

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 10:48:57 AM »
Your local independent bookstore can order it as well.  If you want web-mail-order, google or search for "1449568394" -- the ISBN-10 ID number for the book.
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

donorgirl

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »
Thanks Fr. Pat.  I wasn't aware it was on Barnes and Noble's site. 

Best,

Lee

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:23 AM »
Y'all,
I do not know why of my post was lined out.  I must have done something, but what?  Anyway, hopefully this time it will be readable.
Your local independent bookstore can order it as well.  If you want web-mail-order, google or search for "1449568394" -- the ISBN-10 ID number for the book.
Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

donorgirl

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »
Thanks for the information everyone.  I wrote it and didn't know all that!  Much appreciated.

Best,  Lee Adams

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional