| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Introducing myself--Great News  (Read 4926 times)

Heather6

Introducing myself--Great News
« on: October 28, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
Hey all.  My name is Heather and I'm just introducing myself.  I have been watching and reading all of your posts over the past few months and have found them all to be very helpful in answering questions about the process.  Two weeks ago I went through a day of testing to be a kidney donor for my sister.  She is on the verge of needing dialysis, but we are hoping for her to have a transplant prior to that happening to prevent that.
Great news is that I just got a call from my transplant coordinator and have found that I am a perfect match for her 6/6.  She says that my sister has won the kidney lottery.  We are so excited and ready for the next phase of all this.  It seems all the more real now and I feel like I want to tell everyone.  It's great to have this forum here also because I get that you guys understand what I'm going through.
Heather

Offline mom2three

• Top 100 Poster!
Re: Introducing myself--Great News
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:09:41 AM »
Congratulations Heather! It's great that you're a perfect match. You're doing something great for your sister that you'll probably never regret. Being a living donor has been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.  Good luck with the rest of your process and be sure to post your surgery date when you have it. Stay healthy!
Donated to cousin on 6/29/2010 at Cleveland Clinic

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »
Congratulations and hoping the rest of your journey is smooth sailing!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »
Congratulations Heather - your sister is so lucky to have you.  What an incredible gift you are on course to share.  I'm certain you have a myriad of emotions raging through you at this time and we are all very excited for you.   Please keep us posted on the progress of your journey.  Prayers and my best to you both.  Good luck!

Scott    8)
Scott

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 11:59:10 PM »
Hello and welcome Heather!

That truly is FANTASTIC news!! I am so happy for you and your Sister. I am also very glad you found us. Please do keep us updated and feel free to ask any and as many questions as you would like.

Best Wishes! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional