| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Howdy! Just starting  (Read 3094 times)

Offline JDFW

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Howdy! Just starting
« on: December 03, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm thinking of donating part of my liver to my cousin. I've only started thinking about it since Thanksgiving, because she had another donor lined up. He was cut, but when they got in there, they decided his liver had too many bile ducts. They had already taken out his gall bladder.

I haven't decided if I'm going to do this or not. I've been researching it every day, for several hours.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Howdy! Just starting
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:01:35 AM »
Dear "JDFW",
     Welcome to the forum! I'm a kidney donor, so I don't have much to offer regarding liver donation. But if you click the "Experiences" section and scroll down past all the kidney donation experiences you'll find about 2 dozen narrations of living liver donation experiences and that would probably be helpful to you.
   best wishes,
           Fr. Pat

Offline JDFW

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Re: Howdy! Just starting
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 01:25:24 PM »
Thanks. I did that.

Is there a way to "shop" for an advocate? I'm not sure I like the one at my hospital. She's doing three jobs right now.

My tests are scheduled to start next Wednesday. Wish me luck!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved