| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 8 years!!  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Barbara S

• Top 50 poster!
8 years!!
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:39:11 PM »
Yesterday was 8 years since my donation to my brother.  Most thankful that he is doing so well, living a full and happy life.  I too am doing well, this journey has been so rewarding for me - to see my brother in such good health, and to have met all the wonderful people I have met in the community of organ donors, and transplant recipients.
I am not as active on this message board as I once was - but still try to check in.
Thank you to all of you for all your support over the years (I cant believe its been 8)

My brother is very competitive - and I have challanged him to be the longest to have a living donor kidney (which I am really not sure how long that is)
Proud Kidney Donor to Brother
December 9, 2003
at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: 8 years!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »
Well congratulations to both of you.  How wonderful. I hope he does take you up on the challenge.   Best wishes and thanks for checking in here and sharing with us.     Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »
Barbara,

Eight years! Wow! Congratulations. It is nice to see my brother doing well also. We all celebrated at my daughter's wedding recently and it was wonderful to have the entire family together. One never knows how things would have unfolded without our perfectly matched kidneys but I too have challenged him to hold the record for the longest living donor kidney. So I hope our brothers could share the title.

Glad to hear you are healthy and enjoying life. Blessings for many more years of good health.

All the best,

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »
Congratulations to you and your brother, Barbara!
And thank you for your support! I remember how much I appreciated your posts and insights prior to my own donation.
Hoping you are posting for each progressive year for many, many years to come!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Oldnslow

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 10:23:37 PM »
Congrats Barbara!  8 years!
Oldnslow

"Donated kidney to my brother on Dec 8, 2008"

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »
Congratultions Barbara to both you and your Brother! 8 years - wow! That is just SO fantastic!!

Best Wishes,

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional