| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 9 days post-op  (Read 3966 times)

Offline jgivens

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
9 days post-op
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »
I donated my right kidney to a close friend 9 days ago.  I could not be happier with the entire experience!  My recipient is doing incredibly well.  His creatinine (I can never spell that word) went from over 6 before surgery to 0.9 two days after surgery.  The doctors expected him to respond well but they can't believe how quickly he is improving.  He is already on the lowest level of anti-rejection medications that that ever expected him to get to and they have been able to remove 2 of his 3 blood pressure medications.  Keep in mind that we were a perfect (5 out of 5) match.  I can only give the credit to God.  Thank you all for giving your honest experiences and advice.  It has really helped me prepare over the past couple of months.  I feel really good.  The soreness is now very mild, mainly when I laugh, cough, or sneeze.  I am still a little tired but it gets better every day and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to do this for my dear friend.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 9 days post-op
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »
Congratulations to you both! Take good care of yourself now.
     Fr. Pat

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
Congratulations on your donation!
  It's wonderful that you and your recipient are both doing so well. Keep up the good work!
   But do pay attention to your lifting restrictions.
      Be well, Snoopy

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 11:03:50 AM »
Dear jgivens,

How good hear you are both doing well! It is amazing to see the overnight change in your recipient.

Love, elephant

Offline Stpfan44

• Top 100 Poster!
  • headache drumroll
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:06:04 PM »
Sounds good news. Congrats
\44/
/44\

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional