| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Elevated Creatinine Levels  (Read 3714 times)

Offline mollyfelix

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Elevated Creatinine Levels
« on: October 14, 2014, 04:24:13 PM »
I donated a kidney to my Mom 11 years ago and have had few issues except a slight increase in blood pressure. My creatinine levels have increased a bit but never over .9. Today when I went for my annual check-up my levels have jumped to 1.9. I know it is just one test but I am freaking out after watching my Mom go through so much over the years. Doesn't help that I just lost my Mom and even at the end of her life her creatinine was 1.9 with her new kidney. Any advice? Should I go to a nephrologist ? My primary care physician said to come back in 6 months for another test. He was always against my decision to donate. Can statins raise creatinine ?

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
Re: Elevated Creatinine Levels
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »
Creatinine levels can vary widely from time to time and can be influenced by the amount of exercise you had or what you ate prior to testing--hence, your physicians suggestion that you be retested in six months. Take a look at this past LDO posting for suggestions on what to do next: https://livingdonorsonline.org/ldosmf/index.php?topic=141.msg14155#msg14155

You're right to be concerned and ask questions. As kidney donors we need to be vigilant in protecting our one remaining kidney.

Let us know how things go!
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional