| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Successful Kidney Transplant Made Possible By Son  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Successful Kidney Transplant Made Possible By Son
« on: July 31, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07/29/long-islands-michael-mazzei-talks-about-successful-kidney-transplant-donated-by-son-jamie/

Long Island’s Michael Mazzei Talks About Successful Kidney Transplant Made Possible By Son Jamie

It was an emotional homecoming for 71-year-old Michael Mazzei at his Manhasset hair salon on Friday.

For more than 20 years, Mazzei has worked side by side with his son, Jamie. Now they share more than just a profession after Jamie donated a kidney to his father earlier this month.

“It was made very clear to me that I could live a completely normal life with one kidney. So with that being said, the choice was just obvious,” Jamie Mazzei said.

“Jamie is a giver. I think with everything and everybody,” said Jamie’s wife, Violet.

“It’s just a miracle and there’s no one that deserves miracles more than Michael,” client Denise Silverberg said.

“You know, I’m just so happy I was able to do it and I’m so happy with the outcome. I mean, he looks great, you know, and I feel good today so what more can you ask for?” said Jamie.

Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional