| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Getting the word out  (Read 11106 times)

Offline WifeNo1

• My first post!
Re: Getting the word out
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 03:25:31 AM »
When I donated to hubby I told my boss from the testing stage, but my work team were told about 6 weeks before (because we were getting a temp in to do my job).

We also held a little party about two weeks before the transplant for friends and family

"Come join us as we celebrate *A finally having his kidney transplant at end of September. No gifts are needed, but if you really must, please feel free to provide loaner books and dvds for our recovery. IMPORTANT: If you or any accompanying children are sick we are sorry but we would appreciate if you stayed home as any illness could delay the transplant. Thanks"

It gave people the chance to talk to us, support us and also informed them weeks before we couldnt afford to catch anything. And that will be important also, as the last thing you want it work mates/friends visiting with illnesses - my boss was great and sent them or me home.

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Getting the word out
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
Let the people whom you want to be informed know...and don't worry about the rest....
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved