| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: pic of my kidney  (Read 5650 times)

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
pic of my kidney
« on: August 26, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
  Aug 15 2011

[stale (over 500 days old) attachment deleted]

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: pic of my kidney
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
AAAwwwww, ain't that cute????!!!!!.  So much life in such a little package.  Quite remarkable isn't it.

My surgeon got pics of mine as well.  They will be treasured that is for sure.

How is the rehomed little darling doing? 

Thanks for sharing.
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
I love it! I guess I didn't realize they were so little. The pic I have is of mine in a bowl and it was hard to gauge the size. Awesome! Who gets to see their insides this way? I love it!
Nicki
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »
Looks like a very fine and strong kidney! I never thought to get any photos, so it is nice to see these!
How wonderful that you have this to keep!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:26:41 AM »
     Is it just my imagination, or is that kidney smiling?
         Fr. Pat

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »
The surgeon told me that it was a very beautiful kidney. I dont know how the little guy is doing and maybe i will never know

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 12:55:09 PM »
rdr321,

Yes, you may never know, or maybe will.  And he [she?] may be "doing its thing" perfectly well, or ...?  As a non-directed donor, I was in a similar situation.  While I would have liked to meet the recipient of now her/his new-used kidney, and would have liked to know how the recipient and new-used kidney were getting along together, I felt satisfied that I had contributed to assisting someone else, no matter what happened.   :)  Do you feel the same way?

BTW, about 7 months after our surgeries, she contact me, and told me that she and her kidney were doing pretty well together.  She and her husband and family (including their Moms and Dads), and my wife Carolyn & I, get together about twice a year.  :)

Fr. Pat, you were correct about the smile -- but missed the squinting ("What is all this LIGHT??")  8)  and the shivering ("I'm cold, put me back in a warm place, PLEASE!")   :o  [ ;D ]
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »
I was told that it went to new jersey to a male, I am in southern california. 2 days after transplant i was told  it was doing well. there were 11 pairs in the chain at the time. They showed me a piece of paper with ages on it. The first age was the one who got my kidney. What I remember the list was  56,23.27,34,62,37 and so on. I was not asking alot of questions. I am just not the kind of person that needs to know everything. I think that makes my life easier. Later they will ask both of us if we would like to contact each other. I would like that. One thing nice about the chain is, if my kidney is rejected alot of other people will have benifited from this anyway. So I would not feel so bad if that happened. But from the smile I think the kidney will be happy wherever she went

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 06:06:22 AM »
 :D Beautiful!!
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

donorgirl

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 03:54:35 PM »
Good looking kidney!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved