| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: day 14 recovery  (Read 3913 times)

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
day 14 recovery
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:28:33 PM »
  My appite returned on day 6. I could not eat enouph since then(I thought maybe they had implanted a uterus in me and made me pregnant). Yesterday my my appitite retured to normal. I lost 7 pound after the surgery. I think I have gained half of it back now. I am amazed how quick my body is recovering. I ony need 1 nap in the middle of the day now. I am a little more active. But when I am tired it is intense and I get very very cranky. I am pooping good now. I still am eating prunes. I can drive now without any problem.My insision is healing well but it hurts a little and itches. I will have to say that my mind is as agitated as my body. My mind will not rest and I feel restless alot. I think the best thing for me now would be to put me in bed restraints because my mind says to do things and my body has no stamina. I hope I don't overdo it.
   My wife has not been the most supportive. On day 7 she asked me to drive her to home depot to buy plants(she does not have a licsense). I should not have driven. The anethesia was still coming out of me. I took her anyway. It exhausted me very much. In the morning she played loud music and lit incense. I was laying on the couch.I became very angry. I began throwing anything within my reach at her. Not very many things and very light. It was uncontrolable. I caused alot of pain to my abdomen. I felt like a wounded animal with no other means to get across that I was very sick. I have never thrown anything in anger before..
   She did not want me to donate. I think she was trying to get me back. The Ulkriangirl  just posted about needing a good enviorment to recover in. Yes very important because we can get very very cranky when we are recovering. That liver donation looks alot worse then the kidney donation.

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: day 14 recovery
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »
Wow, rdr, sorry to hear about your tough times during recovery.  I hope you mend well, quickly, and can find effective, loving communication at home.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved