| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Hormone imbalance and kidney donation  (Read 4537 times)

Offline RisaD

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Hormone imbalance and kidney donation
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:28:05 AM »
Hi everyone
I'm new here. I donated my left kidney to my husband on 21 October this year. About 4 weeks ago my hormones threw me into menopausal type symptoms and I'm just wondering if there are any other donors out there who have experienced something similar and what they did about it.

I am seeing an integrative MD to try to bring everything back on line but some tips would be appreciated.

Hubby is doing great - latest biopsy results were great and he is recovering well. We are just disappointed that this has happened.

Offline RKEM

• Top 50 poster!
  • I'm new!
Re: Hormone imbalance and kidney donation
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »
In the few weeks after donating, I did have some weird symptoms that had to do with regulating body temperature (mostly being way too hot ... when I'm the type of person who is always cold), dry skin, allergy-like symptoms to cats (I haven't had those in over 10 years of living with a cat) and weight loss. I was due for my period to start on the day of surgery. I'm guessing stress and the surgery did something because it only started several days later, once I was back home. I'd say it took a bit over two months for everything to go back to normal.

Offline RisaD

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Re: Hormone imbalance and kidney donation
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 04:46:40 PM »
Thanks RKEM.  It's been a bit rough for me I've had some strange symptoms going on but hopefully they will start to resolve soon. I've been informed that the anaesthetic can do some really strange things to your body so I'm kind of hoping things will settle down. But I guess only time will tell.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved