| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: HAPPY NEW YEAR!  (Read 4767 times)

Offline jatopa

• Top 25 Poster!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »
Happy New Year to all of my buddies here in the LDO community!
It is a new year for my brother, who has renewed energy and is recovering beautifully!   He is delighted with the new menu that comes with normal renal function.  Our relationship is even deeper than before with this new connection and shared experience.
I am happy with my own recovery...it has been a very smooth road for me.  I'm back to walking 5 miles a day, slowly and not all at once, but still, I'm up and around.  Two weeks from today, I'll be in Paris with friends...not quite well enough to return to work (insert discrete giggle) but well enough to fly to France with my friends.
Cheers to everyone here!

Jatopa

Offline MissFrizz

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:21 AM »
Happy New Year.  What a great one it will be for you and your brother!  Enjoy Paris.  That's such a great opportunity.
Stephanie

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »
Jatopa,

Yes indeed!  Enjoy.  :D

(& don't forget to wear good knee-high support hose to prevent deep vein blood clots on the 2 long flights, & to get up & walk every 1 - 2 hours as well [if you are awake].)

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »
You and your brother are very lucky to be connected in such a loving and intimate way.  Enjoy yourself in France and best of health and quick recovery to you both.

Scott   8)
Scott

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:20:58 AM »
Such fabulous news - I love to hear such positive updates!

Paris - ahhh....that just sounds so lovely. I have never been there (yet) myself. You will have to let us know how your trip goes. I hope you have a fantastic time, you most certainly deserve it!

Happy New Year to you and your Brother! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved