| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: "The Gift: Hy'shqe siam" & "Live Kidney Donation" - JAMA  (Read 5190 times)

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
"The Gift: Hy'shqe siam" & "Live Kidney Donation" - JAMA
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »
Y'all,

2 articles recently published in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) may be of interest to some.  ("In the interest of full disclosure," I wrote the first one -- so I may be biased.   :) )
     The first was "The Gift: Hy'shqe siam," in the series "A Piece of My Mind" in which authors (usually physicians) tell a memorable story.   JAMA 2011 vol 305 issue 2, p. 130-1
     The second was "Live Kidney Donation: A 36-Year-Old Woman Hoping to Donate a Kidney to Her Mother," in the series "Clinical Crossroad" -- that is a presentation of a "Grand Rounds" in a medical center.  The article presents a thorough, although brief, overview of the potential harms to donors and potential benefits to recipients.  (Incidentally, the woman potential donor is a nursing student.)  JAMA 2011 vol 305 issue 6, p. 592-9.

If you want to read either article and cannot access it, I have both articles.  Send me an e-mail & I will send a PDF file of the article to you.

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved