| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Happy Kidneyversary, Orchid Lady  (Read 5122 times)

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Happy Kidneyversary, Orchid Lady
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »
Hi OL,

It has become my tradition to wish you and your husband a happy kidneyversary. 4 years! Can you believe it? I will always remember your date as you guys were just a couple of weeks before me. You have given so much encouragement and perspective to so many on this forum. It is heart warming to know this world is full of compassionate people. Wishing you and your husband many many years of good health together. You are blessed to have each other.

All the best,

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
Re: Happy Kidneyversary, Orchid Lady
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
What a nice idea!
  So, happy kidneyversary, Orchid Lady.
           Snoopy

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »
Orchid Lady,

Yes, my three, to you and hubby!   ;D

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 11:56:31 PM »
Happy Kidneyversary, Orchid Lady, to both you and your Husband! I alway love to hear of both donors and recipients celebrating these very special milestones!

All the best! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate the good wishes!

Sherri, you are so kind to remember me and my husband! It has only been 4 years, but seems like ages ago. I came to this board 4 years ago a scared and nervous potential donor. The support and information here definitely helped to allay a lot of my fears.

We actually came close to forgetting this year's anniversary ourselves - we had a lot going on with a new great-nephew born on Saturday - kind of got lost in the shuffle.

Although, forgetting may not necessarily be a bad thing. We both agreed it is a sign that everything is normal. And normal can be good!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved