| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: length of posts limited?  (Read 48702 times)

Offline Sarah in Maine

• Top 100 Poster!
    • Maine Land Law LLC, PA
length of posts limited?
« on: March 19, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »
Hey, although I registered back in February, I haven't been on the new forum to post much.  Today was the first time I "really" replied to a post...and it took me 3 separate postings (see the "disappointed" thread in the general forum)!  Around where each post stopped, the box to type in text wouldn't scroll down so I could no longer see what I was typing.  Now, I know I am verbose!  But I'm just wondering if it is a forum setting that limits the length of posts, or if it something with my computer that I ought to get checked out?

No major complaints if it is just a forum setting, but I am not the only verbose one & I remember several lengthy posts from the old forum so others may find the same difficulty.  Just thought I'd check.  Thanks!
--Sarah
-- Sarah in Maine
Donated my left kidney in NEPKE's "list exchange" in October 2008 allowing my mother to receive a deceased donor kidney in November 2008.

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
Re: length of posts limited?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »
Hi, Sarah!

There is a maximum message length of 20,000 characters, which should allow people to write a short novel.  ;D  I see your posts and there are definitely other messages longer than yours, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Could you try a different browser?

Let me know if the problem continues and we can try different things.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:09:40 PM »

I think this is definitely browser related.
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »
     When the new format was first started, I likewise had a bit of a problem with posting. But in my case I found that when space had run out, and it would not scroll down, I just had to hit the "enter" key on my keyboard and it would give me one more line at a time to keep writing while able to see what I was typing. I have not had any problem recently, but I don't think I have tried any long postings recently either.
   Fr. Pat

Offline Sarah in Maine

• Top 100 Poster!
    • Maine Land Law LLC, PA
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
Thanks, all!  I'll just play with my computer settings, try that enter key trick and get it figured out.  In the meantime, I'll plan my short novel too!  :)
-- Sarah in Maine
Donated my left kidney in NEPKE's "list exchange" in October 2008 allowing my mother to receive a deceased donor kidney in November 2008.

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »
Sarah,

We're all learning how to use this new message board, so I appreciate your letting us know when you hit a bump in the road. We all benefit from your  experience. Thanks for sharing!
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline Lyle

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 12:04:45 PM »
There is 20,000 character's length of each message so that you can write the a short note

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional