| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Now released in English "Flesh of Her Flesh: In Search of Goodness" [Kindle)  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
"Flesh of Her Flesh: In Search of Goodness"
In 2004, Slavenka Drakulic, well-known author of How We Survived Communism and Even Laughed, Café Europa , S. – a novel about the Balkans , They Would Never Hurt a Fly, Frida’s Bed, among others, had a successful kidney transplant in the USA. The kidney came not from a deceased person or a relative, but from an anonymous living donor. It is not very often that one finds oneself confronted with an act of such goodness. Why would a person decide to give a part of his or her body to a complete stranger without any reward? What kind of person is capable of bestowing a gift of life on a fellow human being? Are they “angels”, as they are often called in the media, or simply ordinary people like the rest of us? Their stories are in this book.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0074KBIMI/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_B9hlpb1P5YFM3
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Dear Karol,
     Thanks for getting the link posted. I don't have a "kindle" e-book reader, but years back I was able to read some of the first draft she was preparing, and I helped her locate and interview several donors-to-strangers in the U.S.  She is an excellent writer. Apart from her personal experience as a double recipient she wanted to write such a book anyway. She had written about the war crimes atrocities in the former Yugoslavia where she had lived, so having described the worst things that people do to each other she also wanted to explore the best things that people do for each other. Very worth reading, in my opinion.
   Fr. Pat

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
     I just wanted to bump this older announcement up again, as there may be new members who are not aware of this resource.
                 best wishes,
                     Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved