| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Grandma's Marathon - Duluth, Minnesota  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
Grandma's Marathon - Duluth, Minnesota
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:18:26 PM »
Hey Donor friends;

Anyone interested in coming to beautiful Duluth, Minnesota on June 16, 2012 to run the GARRY BJORKLUND half-marathon along the scenic North Shore of Lake Superior, as I had indicated earlier in 2011, I'm hoping to get a few of you who like to run, to come and run with me and my youngest daughter in support of living organ donation.  This is my first half-marathon, infact, I just began running last summer, during my recovery from my organ donation in October 2010.

I plan on securing us some shirts identifying us a living organ donors and hope to raise awareness in support of living organ donation, but to demonstrate that living organ donors and can, and DO, living normal, if not extraordinarily healthy lives after donation.  Please consider coming to support us or to run with us on June 16, 2012 and we will be gathering after the race at my house just outside of Duluth where my wife Penny and I will host a cook-out and get-to-know each other for those wishing to attend. You just need to bring yourself and friends, family and/or significant other. 

The GARRY BJORKLUND half-marathon runs simultaneous with the GRANDMA'S FULL MARATHON. I've included the link to the registration page and they are taking registration application RIGHT NOW - until February 24 (by lottery drawing to be done on February 27) so HURRY and get your registration in.  You can register as a single runner or as a team of 2-6 people (see registration for details).  The link is;    https://secure.marathonguide.com/register/grandmasmarathon/halfmarathon.cfm   

If you plan on coming to run either the half or full, or just as a spectator, please let me know so I can keep track of numbers, shirt sizes and rsvp for the cook out.  Should your require lodging and can't get a hotel, I am able to arrange some host families (I'm a police officer in Duluth and other police families are willing to put people up for a couple of nights).  You can contact me on this site or my email at sjenk337@gmail.com     

I hope to see you there.  Once again, registration closes in only 5 days so don't miss out. 

Thanks friends

Scott   8)
Scott

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional