| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Update on Julian  (Read 11697 times)

Offline alyfaye

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Update on Julian
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
I am so excited for you! I missed all of these updates because I was travelling. Reading them is really inspiring! Congratulations!

Offline julian

• Top 100 Poster!
    • Julian Cook - Free Range Human
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
Looks like I get discharged today. My health is coming back at a GREAT pace and all things considered I feel REALLY good. The kidney is working in my recipient extremely well also. It's like every Christmas all in one week. :-)
----
Free Range Human - http://juliancook.com

Offline WizardB

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »
Awesome!!!  That is great news.  So glad to hear that it went so well!!!

Offline julian

• Top 100 Poster!
    • Julian Cook - Free Range Human
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »
So far it's 12 days out. I can finally sleep on my sides now (for the most part). Don't need the oxycodone anymore thank heavens. That stuff screwed with my sleep something tremendous. Making good friends with Tylenol. I don't think my appetite suffered for one second though.
----
Free Range Human - http://juliancook.com

Offline cupid

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »
Hi Julian
I'm so glad to hear all is well with you! 12 days isn't too bad. I hope you continue to have such a great recovery!

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
Hi Julian,

Glad to hear you are on the mend. did you have your follow up visit yet? I remember you posting about an elevated ALT (liver function test) andI was wondering what ever happened with that? Did it go down back to baseline post donation? Hope you get good results at your follow up. Continue in your recovery and enjoy the time off.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved