| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Nervous!  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Kidney Bean

• Top 100 Poster!
Nervous!
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »
Hi Everyone,
My surgery date is 7/19. I am part of a chain of 4 people donating/getting kidneys. One of the recipients is my friend. It took so long to get to this point, and 2 previous dates were cancelled, so it really has only felt real the last week or so, and now I'm very nervous! A part of me feels very guilty having my family be worried about me when the surgery is unneccessary (for me, anyway). They are very supportive, though. I know the nerves are totally normal. I can't wait to be on the other side of this, though, recovering and moving on. I'd like to thank everyone for their very helpful posts (I need to review the things to bring to the hospital one) and kind words and thoughts. It has been so nice to read about other people's experiences and know what to expect.

Thanks,
Annie

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Nervous!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
Reading other experiences really helps. I think my psychological experience was greatly improved by this board and Sherri putting up with my emails.

Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional